Due to continued growth and expansion, Searchlight Electric are eager to bolster their capability by appointing a Head of Supply Chain. This brand new appointment will be tasked with improving the overall strategic capability of the function and ensuring there is a robust, effective and agile process place that meets the needs of the business as they continue to grow and expand.
- Consolidation of existing factory network and implementation of a tiered supplier strategy incorporating key and secondary suppliers, contracts, and terms of supply.
- Identification of new factories and sources of supply across the Far East that will add value, capacity, capability and supply security.
- Analyse supplier performance against agreed key performance indicators and drive continual improvements in OTIF, lead time and MOQ’s.
- Implement new systems that provide total visibility throughout the supply chain and allow proactive order progressing and on time in full delivery of orders.
- Implement accurate and consistent product/packaging specifications to ensure production consistency, quality and compliance to market standards.
- Implement and manage QA/QC processes and teams throughout the supply chain to ensure quality standards are met.
- Oversee and manage inventory levels utilizing the Slimstock system to maximize customer service levels whilst controlling working capital and minimizing slow-moving and obsolete stocks.
- Implement sales/stock forecasting to improve production lead times, product life cycle, service levels and financial planning.
- Create, implement, and manage effective new product critical paths to reduce speed to market and ensure on-time product launches.
- Work with 3rd party logistics companies to ensure on-time and cost-effective movement of goods (inbound and outbound).
- Introducing new processes and structures to meet the new demands and requirements emanating from Brexit and the Covid pandemic.
- Management of a team of 11 individuals.
The successful candidate will be a supply chain professional with extensive experience and demonstrable track record of delivering improvements, across the supply chain within a B2B and/or B2C business importing goods from the FE and shipping around the world. It is likely you will have developed your best practice approach and expertise in an established multi-national business and further developed your career within an SME environment
Key Skills and Experience Sought
- Understanding and experience in both import and export of goods across the world including WTO terms of trade.
- Deep understanding of the supply chain process with a clear focus upon the critical success factors/key performance indicators necessary to measure and drive business improvement.
- Experienced in Far East sourcing with evidence of implementing a coherent tiered supplier strategy that delivers improved lead times, MOQ’s and/or margins.
- Systems driven and computer literate ideally with experience in implementing and using Microsoft Dynamics, Power BI, Slimstock and specialist supply chain/order fulfilment software.
- Experience of lean techniques, Six Sigma, Kaizen are an advantage.
- Demonstrable success in delivering key projects on time and to budget.
- Ability to develop strategy but with the drive and enthusiasm to ‘roll up the sleeves’ and successfully implement and bring the team with you on the journey.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator across the organisation (written and spoken) with Mandarin/Cantonese an advantage but far from essential.
- Team builder and team player.
- Driven and self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience in working with a family business preferable.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 23rd April 2021