To support the Head of Buying and Assistant Buyer with focus on new product development & product range creation. Primary role will be the identification of new product opportunities and range development through market research, gap analysis and sales force liaison.
- Reporting to Head of Buying supporting the development of the lighting ranges within Searchlight Electric.
- Assist the Head of Buying with product briefs and quotation requests from new and existing factories, regularly chasing and ensuring developments follow the critical path.
- Liaising with internal and external design teams to brief new product ranges and follow through the development from concept to launch.
- Identifying and implementing new development opportunities through market research, gap analysis and close liaison with new and existing suppliers and our Far East team.
- Attend customer meetings as required to receive new product briefs and to present new product developments.
- Liaise with internal account managers and external UK and International sales teams on a regular basis to ensure the product offer meets the demands of our diverse customer base.
- As required plan and present new product presentations to the board to keep them abreast of what we are working on and what we are seeing as future emerging trends that could be applied across other areas.
- Negotiate costs and payment terms with suppliers to ensure we are always buying at the most favourable rates.
- To ensure accurate setup of new lines onto D365, (in-house IT system), and liaise closely with other departments to ensure they have all information needed to fulfil the rest of the development process
- Monitor sales on a regular basis to ensure range performance and identify opportunities for additions and deletions as necessary.
- Liaise with QC/QA colleagues to ensure developments meet all relevant regulations and technical specifications
You will be a self-motivated individual who is passionate about product with strong commercial skills and the ability to spot trends and gaps in the market. A team player you will integrate well with the existing team and colleagues across the business. Flexible in your approach to work you will be capable of juggling multiple projects and dealing with shifting deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to the detail.
- Previous experience in a Lighting, Homewares or FMCG in a design/sourcing/buying role an advantage.
- Knowledge of dealing with international suppliers primarily across the Far East/Asia and India.
- Good people skills and the ability to communicate across all levels of the business.
- An eye for spotting trends and market opportunities.
- Hands on approach and willingness to learn.
- Strong organisational skills and time management.
- Ability to present accurate information in a clear manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and working on multiple priorities.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office packages.
- Eye For Detail
- Desire to develop
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 18th July 2021