Reports to Lighting Buyer/Assistant Buyer
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our growing Buying Team here in Manchester.
1. Assistant to Lighting Buyer & Assistant Buyer with process driven administration at the core of your work
2. To maintain buying timelines for catalogue production and launch of all new products
3. Reporting to the Lighting Buyer/Assistant Buyer and providing continual support to the Directors
4. Highly organised administrator
5. To manage communication between China and the UK and to deliver accurate information to the different departments in the business as required
6. To input product information to cribs and AX (in house business management system) and to keep this information up to date
To support the Lighting Buyer & Assistant Buyer and focus on keeping the catalogue and new product launch on schedule. You will assist the Lighting Buyer/Assistant Buyer with inputting supplier information to Excel, chasing quotes and information from our China Office and ensuring that accurate product information is available to the various departments as required. You will maintain the critical path on a daily basis for the production of the catalogue/new product launch.
Key Responsibilities & Accountability
1. To provide support and information to the Lighting Buyer/Assistant Buyer
2. To maintain the critical path for the production of the Lighting Catalogue/New Product Launch
3. To ensure the information needed to maintain the critical path is received from factories/China office and recorded internally
4. Work closely with the QC and Marketing Departments
5. Accuracy in all areas at all times
6. Keeping a record of all communications
7. AX and product purchasing spreadsheets must be up to date at all times so your colleagues can share the information
Qualities & Skills
- · Accurate & Methodical
- · Motivated to succeed
- · Trustworthy
- · A thorough administrator with excellent attention to detail
- · Problem solving
- · Excellent people skills – must be able to communicate at any level
- · Accurate and reliable data entry
- · Good communication skills
- · Good IT skills – excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft products required. Training will be given for all in house systems
- · Good Literacy and Numeracy skills
You will be a person who is looking to build a career and is willing to learn through training and experience. Self-driven with a results orientated and positive outlook, you must be a good communicator with excellent organisational skills. A team player, you will integrate easily with the different groups of people who make up the business teams. You will be punctual, reliable, well presented, a good company ambassador and flexible in your approach to work.
Must be commercially aware with a willingness to learn about new technologies and trends within the lighting industry. A Technical background is not required.
If you feel you have the abilities and are interested in this role, please submit your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org